It may be a little delayed, but here’s the latest information on Streetfighter V as a whole from the recent SFV Panel at EVO 2015.
• Streetfighter V will be moving away from Capcom’s past practice of disc-based updates and sequels. The initial SFV disc will be the only one you’ll ever need.
• There will be 16 Characters playable at launch.
• Four of the initial 16 fighters will be all-new, original characters. The first of these is the just-revealed Necalli.
• All system updates will be available for all players free. Post-launch gameplay content can be unlocked/earned with two types of currency. Fight Money is earned by playing the game and can be used to earn/unlock content. However, there is as well Zenny- currency that is bought with real money that can be used to buy content instead of using Fight Money. Zenny is for those who are impatient and want to unlock stuff right away.
• Aside from the initial 16 fighters, additional characters will be added to the roster regularly post-launch to keep the game fresh.
This all sounds pretty good. I am glad that there will eventually be more characters aside from the rather slim-sounding 16. Streetfighter V will be available exclusively for the PS4 and PC in Spring 2016.